The Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) has expressed interest in SCPPA securing bids to perform certain services related to Smart Grid Implementation and Operation to meet the needs of their municipality
The successful Respondents to this RFP shall assist member utilities in the development, management and implementation of information and operating technology initiatives including: electric and water advanced metering infrastructure;
• outage management;
• advanced distribution system management;
• work and asset management;
• transportation electrification;
• demand response;
• voltage optimization;
• water and electric engineering models;
• geographic information systems.
The consultant’s services may include strategic and technology planning, business case development, organizational change management, workforce development, systems integration and testing, and business process design. Example project deliverables include the development of documentation and reports, management of project teams, and troubleshooting of technical problems.
Tangible Work Products / Scope of Work
1. Project Development Plans: business cases, strategic technology roadmaps, workforce transition plans, communications plans, customer outreach plans, workforce transition plans, and organizational change management plans;
2. Operational Reports: documentation of all post-implementation requirements, procedures, processes, and standards for the duration of the project and beyond;
3. Maintenance Reports: identification of devices requiring maintenance, personnel responsible, timeline for maintenance, and method of maintenance;
4. Functional Procedures Manual: documentation of assessment and management of deletions, additions, and/or modifications to processes that will be adopted to operate a SmartGrid;
5. Operational Risk Assessment Report: identification and assessment of any and all risks to the Smart Grid Programs, its operation and any future operation of Smart Grid-related functions;
6. Software Development and Integration: development by a team of SMEs of all integrators, adapters, interfaces, and/or software necessary to operate and maintain the Smart Grid, and coordination of technical needs between project teams;
7. Project Invoices: preparation and submittal of monthly, quarterly and annual invoices.
8. Training Plan and Manuals: development by a team of SMEs of all training materials relating to Smart Grid Programs and integration for employees.
9. Enhancements to existing web portal to provide demand response and customer behavior functionality as outlined by the Project Management Office and respective project team
- Miami Valley Communications Council: 7 Member Cities - Centerville, Kettering, Miamisburg, Moraine, Oakwood, Springboro, and West Carrollton.