This request for Proposal (RFP) is intended to solicit proposals from proposers capable of satisfying Madison Water Utility needs for an Automatic Metering Infrastructure (AMI) system.
Madison Water Utility (MWU) management wishes to acquire and implement an AMI system to satisfy its needs. Management’s primary objectives related to the use of these systems include: • Improve customer service
• Increase frequency of billing from bi-annual to monthly
• Improve cash flow and reduce long-term costs
• Improve planning capabilities
• Improve water conservation/water accountability
• Interface with CIS, GIS, Work Order System & SCADA
Tangible Work Products / Scope of Work
In accordance with its overall objectives, Madison Water Utility seeks proposals for products and services from qualified firms in eight areas:
• Water meters
• AMI modules (i.e. Meter interface units- MIU’s)
• Computer hardware and software required to effectively utilize the proposed system.
• Software or other items required to interface the proposed systems with existing related systems.
• Communications media/ equipment / software to communicate to/from CIS and the meters.
• System Implementation and installation Training.
• A minimum five (5) year maintenance contract
- Maricopa Association of Governments (MAG)
- Economic Development, Information Technologies, Infrastructure, Transportation
- Miami Valley Communications Council: 7 Member Cities - Centerville, Kettering, Miamisburg, Moraine, Oakwood, Springboro, and West Carrollton.