Please note that we are always looking for talented team members. If you want to join our team in a capacity not listed, submit your name and supporting attachments to [email protected].
US Ignite is accelerating the smart city movement – and creating value for an entire ecosystem – by guiding communities into the connected future, creating a path for private sector growth, and advancing technology research that’s at the heart of smart city development.
US Ignite is seeking an Operations Officer who will play an integral role in streamlining US Ignite day-to-day efforts across all of US Ignite programs. The Operations Officer supports US Ignite project managers and US Ignite partners. The Operations Officer reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The ideal candidate will have experience in one or more of the following major responsibilities.
Financial and Accounting Management
- Approves incoming invoices, expense reports and timesheets
- Processes and sends US Ignite invoices to donors and Federal agencies
- Produces ad-hoc analysis, research, financial reporting, and progress reports for multiple programs, and monitors budgets for management decision-making.
Grants and Contract Proposals
- Coordinates, writes, and submits contract and grant proposals to Federal agencies, foundations and private entities
- Ensures proposals content and budgets meet Federal regulations and or donor rules
Grant and Contract Award Management
- Monitors US Ignite grant and contract portfolio performance and with US Ignite program staff input, provides reports to funding agencies and organizations.
- Manages contracts and grant compliance and deadlines as outlined in funding agreements and according to Federal regulations.
- Oversees subcontractor and sub awardee performance and compliance.
Human Resources (HR) Management
- Assists with onboarding new staff and liaison with Human Resource subcontractor
- Researches, recommends and helps implement HR policies, procedures, and employee benefits
Information Technology (IT) Management
- Liaison with out-sourced IT firm to ensure IT security and best practices are managed appropriately within the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in accounting, finance, human resources and/or proposal writing
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $75,000.00 – $115,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Washington, DC 20036: Reliably commute or willing to relocate with an employer-provided relocation package (Required)
- Which of these responsibilities listed in the posting provided you the most job satisfaction and explain why?
- Full-time administrative or related: 2 years (Required)
- Hybrid remote in Washington, DC 20036
Sign up for our newsletter below to receive monthly US Ignite news updates, including job openings.