Come Work With Us!
Open Job Positions:
- Contract Budget Analyst
US Ignite Washington DC-Baltimore Area
Contract Budget Analyst
US Ignite is seeking a Contract Budget Analyst who will play an integral role in US Ignite day-to-day efforts across all of US Ignite programs. The Contract Budget Analyst provides awards and program management support to project managers across US Ignite to ensure programs and projects are being delivered in accordance with grant/contract regulations and requirements and financial management best practices. The Contract Budget Analyst reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Grants and Contracts Financial Analysis
- Prepares budgets for contract and grant proposals accordance with Federal regulations and or funding agency rules.
- Maintains budgets for awarded contracts and awards and manages the monthly budget for management decision-making.
- Reviews and approves invoices, timesheets, payroll, and expense reports to ensure compliance with Federal regulations.
- Conducts desk audits on sub-recipient’s invoices to ensure compliance with Federal regulations.
- Analyzes monthly financial data from accounting ledger and conducts monthly general ledger reconciliation to ensure proper coding and allocations.
Grants and Contract Proposal and Award Management
- Prepares final contract and grant proposals to Federal agencies, foundations and private companies based on US Ignite program manager prepared content
- Compiles final proposal package in accordance with funding agency/organization’s rules.
- Submits proposals using funding agency tools such as Grants.gov or Research.gov.
- Provides contract and grant management guidance and expertise to US Ignite program managers.
- Monitors US Ignite grant and contract portfolio performance and with US Ignite program staff input, provides reports to funding agencies and organizations.
- Ensures fulfillment of all financial and contracts and grant compliance requirements and deadlines as outlined in funding agreements and according to Federal regulations.
- Produces ad-hoc analysis, research, financial reporting, and progress reports for multiple programs.
Subaward and Subcontract Management
- Prepares solicitations and procurement documentation for subawards and subcontracts.
- Provides guidance and manages request for proposal (RFP) processes to ensure timely, compliant, and cost-prudent acquisitions.
- Issues subawards and subcontracts, including risk assessments and drafting and reviewing contract terms and conditions.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with subrecipients and subcontractors, including overseeing subcontractor and sub awardee performance.
- Provides subrecipients one-on-one technical assistance.
- Recommends and drafts contract and grants management policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or Economics
- Knowledge of federal grant processes and experience monitoring grant/contract compliance
- Experience in compliance with 2 CFR 200 grant requirements
- 5 years of experience with financial management and accounting
- 5 years of experience working as a consultant to Federal agencies and/or in a non-profit organization
- Must have strong organizational/problem-solving skills and be detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working with a diverse staff.
- Must have willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances in technology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and delivers results.
- Ability to develop and maintain trust by holding oneself and others to high ethical standards.
- Ability to work independently, assess multiple priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Ability to take ownership and drive project/issues to completion.
- Regularly takes initiative to recognize and anticipate opportunities and challenges, and to think critically, and provide and explain alternatives clearly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. US Ignite offers a competitive benefits plan that includes paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, and a 401k retirement plan. EOE
Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirement, and writing sample to [email protected], with “Contract Budget Analyst” in the subject line.