Come Work With Us!
Open Job Positions:
- Program Manager – Prizes and Challenges
US Ignite Washington DC-Baltimore Area
- Contract Budget Analyst
US Ignite Washington DC-Baltimore Area
Program Manager – Prizes and Challenges
US Ignite, a rapidly growing, high-tech nonprofit based in Washington, DC, seeks a Prizes and Challenges Program Manager to help accelerate smart city efforts in our partner communities across the United States. Since US Ignite’s launch at the White House in 2012, the organization has developed a vibrant innovation network engaging entrepreneurs, tech companies, universities, federal agencies, military installations, and leaders from over 40 communities.The Prizes and Challenges Program Manager will partner with other team members to lead US Ignite’s efforts in community-led competitions that focus on local priorities as well as national challenges funded by Federal and industry partners nationwide. Specific Prizes and Challenges programs this position will support will include:
- Prizes and Challenges: Our team works with a wide range of Federal and corporate partners to manage prize competitions and other programs. This includes national request for proposals (RFPs) for communities to compete for smart city or other technology development. As part of these programs, we typically mentor both application developer and startup teams as they work to commercialize their ideas.
- US Ignite Smart Base Program: US Ignite works with smart bases and military installations to develop technology pilots using sensors, advanced broadband and IoT networks, and data-driven strategies. US Ignite recently completed a Demo Day for four startups to complete prototypes for Verizon’s 5G network at Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Miramar in San Diego.
For this position, building relationships, solving problems, and communicating clearly are crucial as US Ignite programs continue to expand.
The Prizes and Challenges Program Manager will help oversee the prize and challenges portfolio, which includes supporting the competing teams, community partners, and funders. The Prizes and Challenges Program Manager will also help US Ignite explore solutions for smart bases with an eye toward identifying new opportunities for innovation and collaboration.
The individual should be interested in exploring opportunities for new initiatives that span multiple programs and promote US Ignite’s mission to accelerate the smart community movement. This individual must be a technical leader and project manager with presentation skills to engage with both small and large groups. Below are some examples of key responsibilities:
- Engage with communities to find meaningful solutions, including working across engineering, communications, and community teams.
- Support startup acceleration, small business growth, and development.
- Manage grants administration, contract negotiations, hackathons, or RFP processes.
- Connect emerging technologies, civic technologies, or smart community technologies to city services and applications.
- Craft responses to Federal government funding opportunities, leveraging proposal writing experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, electrical engineering, network engineering, or related field
- Extensive experience and success leading technical teams in the telecommunications space in multiple environments (corporate, academic, government, or military)
- Desire to work full time in a mission-driven environment from our US Ignite offices in Washington DC (now working remotely due to COVID-19)
Compensation and Benefits
Salary range will be commensurate with formal education and professional experience and benefits include medical, vision, and dental benefits. Salary range is estimated at $70K-$90K.
How to Apply
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter (one combined file) via LinkedIn.
US Ignite is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a U.S. veteran. We warmly welcome diversity and positive attitudes.
Contract Budget Analyst
US Ignite is seeking a Contract Budget Analyst who will play an integral role in US Ignite day-to-day efforts across all of US Ignite programs. The Contract Budget Analyst provides awards and program management support to project managers across US Ignite to ensure programs and projects are being delivered in accordance with grant/contract regulations and requirements and financial management best practices. The Contract Budget Analyst reports to the Chief Financial Officer.
Grants and Contracts Financial Analysis
- Prepares budgets for contract and grant proposals accordance with Federal regulations and or funding agency rules.
- Maintains budgets for awarded contracts and awards and manages the monthly budget for management decision-making.
- Reviews and approves invoices, timesheets, payroll, and expense reports to ensure compliance with Federal regulations.
- Conducts desk audits on sub-recipient’s invoices to ensure compliance with Federal regulations.
- Analyzes monthly financial data from accounting ledger and conducts monthly general ledger reconciliation to ensure proper coding and allocations.
Grants and Contract Proposal and Award Management
- Prepares final contract and grant proposals to Federal agencies, foundations and private companies based on US Ignite program manager prepared content
- Compiles final proposal package in accordance with funding agency/organization’s rules.
- Submits proposals using funding agency tools such as Grants.gov or Research.gov.
- Provides contract and grant management guidance and expertise to US Ignite program managers.
- Monitors US Ignite grant and contract portfolio performance and with US Ignite program staff input, provides reports to funding agencies and organizations.
- Ensures fulfillment of all financial and contracts and grant compliance requirements and deadlines as outlined in funding agreements and according to Federal regulations.
- Produces ad-hoc analysis, research, financial reporting, and progress reports for multiple programs.
Subaward and Subcontract Management
- Prepares solicitations and procurement documentation for subawards and subcontracts.
- Provides guidance and manages request for proposal (RFP) processes to ensure timely, compliant, and cost-prudent acquisitions.
- Issues subawards and subcontracts, including risk assessments and drafting and reviewing contract terms and conditions.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with subrecipients and subcontractors, including overseeing subcontractor and sub awardee performance.
- Provides subrecipients one-on-one technical assistance.
- Recommends and drafts contract and grants management policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, or Economics
- Knowledge of federal grant processes and experience monitoring grant/contract compliance
- Experience in compliance with 2 CFR 200 grant requirements
- 5 years of experience with financial management and accounting
- 5 years of experience working as a consultant to Federal agencies and/or in a non-profit organization
- Must have strong organizational/problem-solving skills and be detail-oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills and commitment to working with a diverse staff.
- Must have willingness and ability to adapt to change including advances in technology.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Ability to handle stress and work well under pressure to meet deadlines and delivers results.
- Ability to develop and maintain trust by holding oneself and others to high ethical standards.
- Ability to work independently, assess multiple priorities and manage time appropriately.
- Ability to take ownership and drive project/issues to completion.
- Regularly takes initiative to recognize and anticipate opportunities and challenges, and to think critically, and provide and explain alternatives clearly.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Salary commensurate with experience. US Ignite offers a competitive benefits plan that includes paid time off, health/dental/vision insurance, and a 401k retirement plan. EOE
Please submit your resume, cover letter, salary requirement, and writing sample to [email protected], with “Contract Budget Analyst” in the subject line.