RFP Summary provided by the agency
This program provides financing for the construction, maintenance, improvement and expansion of telephone service and broadband in rural areas. For more information on other programs administered by RUS Telecommunications please visit: http://www.rd.usda.gov/programs-services/all-programs/telecom-programs
By helping private and non-profit providers secure the necessary financing, this program helps maintain a seamless nationwide telecommunications network that also provides access to broadband for education, healthcare, public safety and jobs for all Americans regardless of where they live.
What is the mission and focus of the program: research, social, economic or others?
Funds may be used to finance broadband capable telecommunications service
- Acquisitions (in certain cases)
- Refinancing (in certain cases)
- For additional detail see Code of Federal Regulations 7 CFR 1735
How do you submit to this opportunity?
Applications for this program are accepted year-round through the national office.
• Program Resources are available online at rd.usda.gov (includes forms, guidance, certifications, etc.)
If your company chooses to apply online, refer to the RD Apply Application Guide and Sample Board Resolutions
• RD Apply – Telecom Customer User Guide
• Telecom Board Resolution – ARR-Sec. Cert.
• Telecom Board Resolution-ARR-LLC
• RD Apply FAQ
• Federal Debt Delinquency Certification
• Open Letter From Assistant Administrator(PDF) to submit dual Operating Reports through the on-line Data Collection System (“DCS”) and Borrower Collection and Analysis system (“BCAS”).
• Online mapping tool Letter(PDF)
• Broadband Mapping Tool
• Webinar presentations for the Environmental Requirements
Who are the target applicants: cities, universities, companies, small business, nonprofits, or others?
Most entities that provide telecommunications in qualified rural areas include:
- State and local governmental entities
- Federally Recognized Tribes
- Non-profits, including Cooperatives, and limited dividend or mutual associations
- For-profit businesses (must be a corporation or limited liability company)
What is an eligible area?
- Rural areas and towns with a population of 5,000 or less
- Areas without telecommunications facilities or areas where the applicant is the recognized telecommunications provider are eligible
- Check with your local RD office to determine whether the proposed service area qualifies