RFP Summary provided by the agency
Through the proliferation of new methods and advanced solution that are scalable across the health care industry, this funding opportunity will address well-documented and fast emerging challenges which inhibit the development, use, and/or advancement of well-designed, interoperable health IT. New approaches are expected to further a new generation of health IT development and inform the implementation and refinement of standards, methods, and techniques for overcoming major barriers and challenges in an innovative fashion as they are identified. It is critical that the field of health care innovate and leverage the latest technological advancements and breakthroughs far quicker than it currently does to optimize real-time solutions, especially in areas which are ripe for acceleration.
This funding opportunity is specifically interested in innovative solutions and breakthrough advances in the following areas of interest: Expanding the scope, scale, and utility of population-level data-focused APIs; and advancing clinical knowledge at the point of care.
What is the mission and focus of the program: research, social, economic or others?
In fiscal year 2021, ONC is particularly interested in applications whose specific aims addresses one of the following areas of interest:
- Area 1: Referral Management to Address Social Determinants of Health Aligned with Clinical Care
- Area 2: Health IT Tools to Make Electronic Health Records (EHR) Data Research – and Artificial Intelligence (AI)-Ready
How do you submit to this opportunity?
Completed applications are uploaded into Grants.gov. Applications will not be accepted through any other website and will not be accepted through paper mail, courier, or delivery service.
Who are the target applicants: cities, universities, companies, small business, nonprofits, or others?
- Public and State controlled institutions of higher education
- State governments
- Private institutions of higher education
- Nonprofits having a 501(c)(3) status with the IRS, other than institutions of higher education
Other required documents/forms
• Project Narrative
• Form SF-424, Application for Federal Assistance
• Form SF-424A, Budget Information for Non-Construction Programs
• Form SF-424B, Assurances for Non-Construction Programs
• Form SF-LLL, Disclosure of Lobbying Activities
• Budget Narrative
• Letters of Commitment
• Proof of Non-Profit Status (if applicable)
• Indirect Cost Agreement(s) – including recipient, sub-recipient, and contractors agreements (if