RFP Summary provided by the agency
Through the Travel, Tourism & Outdoor Recreation program, EDA is focused on accelerating the recovery of communities that rely on the travel, tourism and outdoor recreation sectors. $750 million of EDA’s American Rescue Plan funds are allocated to support the following efforts:
- Competitive Grants: $240 million to help communities that have been hardest hit by challenges facing the travel, tourism and outdoor recreation sectors to invest in infrastructure, workforce or other projects to support the recovery of the industry and economic resilience of the community in the future.
What is the mission and focus of the program: research, social, economic or others?
How do you submit to this opportunity?
Apply through Grants.gov
Who are the target applicants: cities, universities, companies, small business, nonprofits, or others?
- District Organization of an EDA-designated Economic Development District (EDD)
- Indian Tribe or a consortium of Indian Tribes
- State, county, city, or other political subdivision of a State, including a special purpose unit of a State or local government engaged in economic or infrastructure development activities, or a consortium of political subdivisions.
- Institution of higher education or a consortium of institutions of higher education
- Public or private non-profit organization or association, including labor unions, acting in cooperation with officials of a general-purpose political subdivision of a State.
Under this NOFO, EDA is not authorized to provide grants or cooperative agreements to individuals or to for-profit entities, including for-profit institutions of higher education. Requests from such entities will not be considered for funding.