RFP Summary provided by the agency
The focus of this program is to reach, and support underserved small businesses, including micro and rural businesses, with emphasis and those owned by women, veterans and socially and economically disadvantaged individuals. The Community Navigator Pilot Program is designed to provide high quality technical assistance with pandemic relief programs and recovery services to small businesses and entrepreneurs. Recovery services can include financial assistance, access to capital, contracting and procurement assistance, marketing, operations, and business development, export and industry specific training, among other areas of technical assistance to aid businesses in stabilization and expansion. Programming that focuses on supporting communities where English is a second language and that offers technical assistance in languages other than English is encouraged.
What is the mission and focus of the program: research, social, economic or others?
Economic Development, Business Support, COVID-19
How do you submit to this opportunity?
Applications must be submitted to grants.gov.
Who are the target applicants: cities, universities, companies, small business, nonprofits, or others?
- A Nonprofit having a 501(c) status with the IRS,
- An economic development organization or similar organization,
- Native American tribal organization (other than Federally recognized tribal governments),
- Native American tribal government (Federally recognized),
- County governments,
- State governments,
- City or township governments,
- SBA Resource Partners,
- Small Business Development Centers (SBDCs),
- Women’s Business Centers,
- Veterans Business Outreach Centers (VBOCs),
- Community Development Financial Institutions,
- Nonprofit Colleges and Universities
Additional Useful Links:
- Agency Site: https://www.sba.gov/partners/counselors/community-navigator-pilot-program
- Best Practices for adopting a community navigator model: https://www.sba.gov/document/information-notice-6000-806503-use-community-navigators-provide-technical-assistance