US Ignite is pleased to announce the finalists for the Spring/Summer 2019 US Ignite/AWS Startup Accelerator pitch competition! These winners will participate in a final competition and Accelerator Showcase on September 19th at Amazon’s offices on New Jersey Avenue, NW in Washington, D.C. To attend the final showcase event, register for a free ticket while space is available!
- Archethought (Longmont, CO) – Monitors for analyzing real-time sound data to develop smarter sound-based civic services.
- Enpira (Durham, NC) – Energy management solutions for municipal utilities and local government.
- Helix Health LLC (Kansas City, MO) – Solution to incorporate real-time analytics into healthcare workflows.
- Niche Giving (Jalingo, Taraba State, Nigeria) – An app that connects people in the community and local resources to those in greatest need.
- OrgCentral (New York, NY) – A SaaS platform for systems management of city CRM tools, e-commerce, email, facilities, management, and more.
- Particle Space, LLC (Kansas City, MO) – An app that enables cities to have 3D models of their buildings and uses 3D mapping technology to show where critical events occur.
- Saascharge (New York, NY) – A platform that enables cities to build their own electric vehicle charging network with local partners.
- How’s My Driving (Washington, DC) – This locally-made app helps report dangerous drivers and works to improve traffic congestion.
The upcoming Accelerator Showcase event will feature finalists from the Accelerator program competing in lightning rounds to demonstrate their innovative use of cloud computing in smart city technology applications. Judges include a panel of distinguished technology, VC, and startup professionals. Winners will receive awards from our partners at AWS.
Teams in the Accelerator program all participated in the Kauffman Foundation’s FastTrac training curriculum for entrepreneurs. They also received mentorship from technical professionals at Amazon, and Amazon Web Services credits to support further cloud-based technology development. Teams were guided by certified FastTrac trainer Randall Olson, and have been promoted within US Ignite’s network of 28 Smart Gigabit Communities.
To attend the final Accelerator Showcase event, register for a free ticket while space is available!
September 19th, 2:00pm – 6:30pm
601 New Jersey Ave., NW, Washington, D.C.
Keynote Address by Lindsey Parker, Washington DC Chief Technology Officer
Post-event Happy Hour, where attendees can meet the competitors and the judges following the event, starting at 5 pm at the AWS offices (must be 21 or older to drink)
Street parking is available, Metro travel to Union Station is recommended
We would again like to thank our partners at Amazon Web Services for their outstanding support of entrepreneurs and the growth of smart city services. Without them, this event would not be possible.