US Ignite – Autonomous Vehicle Testbed Project Manager
About US Ignite
US Ignite is accelerating the smart city movement – and creating value for an entire ecosystem – by guiding communities into the connected future, creating a path for private sector growth, and advancing technology research that’s at the heart of smart city development.
To make it all happen, our crew of highly experienced (and fun) team members work with people from research universities, small communities, cities, government agencies, and the biggest names of the telecommunications and technology sectors to identify and connect resources and best practices that ignite smarter communities. It’s exciting, challenging, and visionary work, and we would love for you to be a part of our team!
About the Position
To support smart city and smart base opportunities, US Ignite is developing an Autonomous Vehicle (AV) research platform on a military base that combines best-in-class AVs, smart city data, applications, and modeling tools rapidly accelerate adoption of these new mobility technologies. This effort will help mitigate the risk faced by Department of Defense (DoD) and neighboring communities as they deploy their AV pilots and services.
US Ignite seeks an AV-savvy project manager with DoD experience that will work with some of the most advanced infrastructure in the world. You will work closely with a great team at US Ignite and will showcase accomplishments through conference presentations, best practice playbooks, website content, and social media.
In this role you will have ownership of leading a highly technical and cross-functional team to drive the build and deployment of the AV pilot. You will also develop and document project requirements and manage budget and delivery schedules. You will also guide a geographically diverse team (Washington, DC and Colorado) through technical planning and deployment aspects of the pilot to ensure that project milestones are met.
US Ignite’s fast-paced environment means that you will consistently multi-task, reprioritize and effectively lead the project delivery. Successful candidates must be well organized and able to work effectively under time pressure.
Specific Duties include:
- Day-to-day project management and coordination between the US Ignite and the United States Army installation base (located in Colorado), neighboring city, and university partner working with US Ignite to deploy the testbed
- Hands-on management of the deployment of the research platform, including testbed design, AV assessment, and impact on base operations
- Project milestone accountability, including scope, schedule, budget, quality, along with risk and critical path management
- Coordination, tracking, and delivery of industry stakeholders
- Resolution of engineering and deployment challenges
- Creation of weekly, monthly, quarterly, and ad-hoc reports
Applicants to the project should have the following areas of expertise and qualifications:
- Testbed design and deployment
- AV engineering and design
- AV industry contacts and relationship
- Complex project management
- Experience tracking down answers and find solutions to problems
- This job is ideal for someone who is
Other Position Requirements:
- US Citizenship preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint, and Word
- 5+ years of progressive experience in project management and/or testbed design/deployment
- Some travel to conferences and workshops is required
- Candidates will need to be located in Washington, DC
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter that includes a description of something you’re particularly proud of in your life – be it a work experience or a personal one – to [email protected]. Please apply by September 27, 2019.
US Ignite is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a U.S. veteran. We welcome diversity and positive attitudes.