Where do I submit my concept paper?
Where is the registration form?
The concept submission form is the same as the registration form available here.
How many members are allowed in a team?
- There is no limit to the number of members on a team, but each team must have an official representative and an alternate representative. Refer to the Official Rules for specific details. Rules are subject to change.
Can international students currently studying in university in the US on F1 visa take part in the competition?
- Students studying on an F1 visa can participate if they are not citizens of a sanctioned country.
The official representative and the alternate representative must be U.S. citizens or permanent residents. This is not a requirement for other team members.
Can someone under the age 18 participate?
- A person under 18 can participate in the challenge but cannot act as the official representative or the alternate representative. The official representative will receive any cash prizes on behalf of the team and is responsible for distributing prize money amongst the team members. Refer to the Official Rules for specific details. Rules are subject to change.
Are all team members 18 and above are eligible for cash prize?
- The official representative will receive any cash prizes on behalf of the team and is responsible for distributing prize money amongst the team members.
What if a teammate graduates? Since this is a long competition, can they still participate while working full time?
- This challenge is not restricted to students. Even if they graduate, a teammate can still participate and be eligible for prizes.
The competition uses data in different formats. Can you please elaborate more on that?
- To emphasize the many different ways that IoT data can be consumed, the competition will demonstrate a variety of formats. For the testing state, all data will use well-established widely used data formats. For unknown data sources, we want to test the use of data sources and the integration of different data formats. Possible data formats include JSON files, spreadsheet data, etc. The data format itself is not as important as working with it in the process and should not be a source of concern.
Is the expectation that sample data will reside on the database being built?
- A virtual sensor platform will be created to host the sample data. Additional details will be provided during the competition.