News & Events
by Nick Maynard March 23, 2018
US Ignite – Smart City Evangelist
About US Ignite
US Ignite’s role is to support the development and deployment of next-generation applications and services to build the foundation for smarter communities. Our goal is to catalyze communities to create tools that accelerate the adoption of new smart city applications that create broad economic opportunities across the country.
About the Position
To support smart city opportunities, US Ignite is developing an online platform that combines best-in-class smart city data, applications, and modeling tools rapidly accelerate adoption of smart city technologies. This effort will help mitigate the risk faced by our 25 partner communities as they deploy their smart city services, while driving new investment and jobs.
US Ignite seeks a data-savvy evangelist will work with some of most advanced infrastructure in the world and introduce it others. They will work closely with a great team at US Ignite and then to spread the word through presentations, best practice playbooks, website content, and social media.
We would especially like to diversify the user base by included more researchers of color, women, undergraduate and graduate students, first-nation tribal members, and others who may not otherwise have this opportunity.
- Work with community smart city big data teams to spark their imaginations
- Write community playbooks on technology policy areas, like smart city big data or next-gen cloud architectures
- Support curation of online content for smart city data sets, tools, and code
- Leverage past work in public sector data management, big-data processing, data visualization, or creating data management front ends to support US Ignite programs
- Use experience with dev-ops, data processing, and general scripting in Python or similar language preferred for supporting our online toolset
- Identify and reach out to the broad set of communities who may benefit from US Ignite.
- Work with partner Diversity and Outreach Committees and lead the outreach to institutions such as Navajo Tech, University of Arkansas Pine Bluff, and Smith College
- Organize stakeholder workshops
How to Apply
The job will be performed with a great degree of autonomy. Some travel to conferences and workshops is required. Candidates will need to be located in Washington, DC. To apply, please send a resume and short work sample to: [email protected]
US Ignite is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, national origin, pregnancy, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a U.S. veteran. We welcome diversity and positive attitudes.