US Ignite is seeking proposals for intelligent video analytics and other innovative 5G-enabled public safety applications to be installed and piloted at Marine Corps Air Station (MCAS) Miramar (“The Project”). The Project will demonstrate the ability for 5G connectivity to improve the force protection capabilities of law enforcement personnel at the Provost Marshal’s Office (PMO) at MCAS Miramar by automating the monitoring of secure, remote access points on station and through other 5G-enabled intelligent solutions. Technologies demonstrated during this pilot will have the opportunity to be promoted and scaled to other military installations during and after completion of the pilot.
The selected proposer(s) (“AWPSA Vendor(s)”) will be responsible for installing and piloting one or more of the solutions defined below. The Period of Performance of the Project is expected from March 1, 2022, through September 1, 2022. Respondents may choose to propose solutions to either or both use cases described. A total of $300,000 is available under this RFP. Roughly $250,000 of this is anticipated to be allocated for Use Case 1 and roughly $50,000 is anticipated to be allocated for Use Case 2. Multiple awards may be granted to multiple vendors under this RFP through firm-fixed-price contracts.
The objective of The Project is to pilot advanced wireless public safety applications that leverage the 4G LTE/5G Verizon commercial network available at MCAS Miramar. Respondents may propose solutions to one or both of the following use cases:
- Use Case 1: Deploy an Intelligent Video Analytics (IVA) hardware/software solution to allow for the remote monitoring of the East Miramar access control point from the PMO Operations Center, as well as other potential access control points.
- Use Case 2: Provide a turn-key solution that improves the force protection capabilities of PMO in a proposer-defined technology and subject area.
Documents for this RFP:
- RFP Advanced Wireless Public Safety Applications at MCAS Miramar
- Appendix A – Resources Available and Site Specifications
- Appendix B- Cost Proposal
All clarification questions should be submitted by Dec 10, 2021, no later than 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). US Ignite will endeavor to respond to all parties no later than Dec 17, 2021 8:00 PM EDT. All responses should be submitted by January 7, 2022, no later than 8:00 PM EDT.
Proposals (and questions) should be submitted via email to [email protected]