News & Events
by Joe Kochan February 15, 2017
US Ignite is searching for a Financial Project Manager responsible for an exciting new venture to build multiple wireless research labs. This involves developing project baseline budgets, maintaining project schedules, tracking resource usage and project progress, monitoring construction/IT development contracts, identifying potential problems for the Project Director, and using advanced analytical tools such as earned value metrics and reporting. This position prepares forecasting cash flows for proposed projects. The Manager will be responsible for working with a Project Team to assess resources and risks during multiple projects’ lifecycles.
1. 3 to 5 years of experience involving project management, IT and/or construction management, project controls, scheduling or budgeting.
2. Knowledge of project planning tools (e.g. Primavera), preparing work breakdown structures, and critical path methodology
3. Risk assessment skills
4. Familiarity with Earned Value techniques
5. Knowledge of business structures and classifications (i.e. corporation types, Small, Minority-owned, Veteran-owned, Woman-owned, etc)
6. Preferred: experience in design, development and operation of research labs or large IT construction projects.
7. Preferred: experience in federal contracting, including RFP financial requirements creation, analysis, and scoring while considering company compliance
1. Responsible for cost analyses throughout the project lifecycle.
2. Develops project baseline budgets, maintaining project schedules, analyzing project risks, and providing analytical support to Project Team.
3. Monitors project progress to compare actual versus baseline resource usage and analyze project variances.
4. Supports Project Director in performing specialized analyses of corrective action plans to determine the most effective means of addressing potential problems.
5. Prepares documentation in accordance with corporate guidelines for project financial review and approval, as well as long-term documentation retention.
6. Prepares documentation in support of the change control process, risk management, and internal governance meetings throughout the project life cycle and with respect to annual budgets.
7. Assists in RFP development and monitors subcontractors cost and schedule performance
8. Uploads project documentation to project website
9. Other financial and management tracking and analysis as needed
Education: BS or BA degree in Business, Engineering, Mathematics or Science Job Type: Prefer part-time contractor, but may consider employment
Job Location: Washington, DC
Preferred experience: Project Control Specialist: 3 years
If interested, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]