WASHINGTON, D.C. – July 9, 2019 – US Ignite is pleased to announce the cohort for the Spring/Summer 2019 US Ignite/AWS Startup Accelerator program. As part of US Ignite’s mission to accelerate the smart city movement, we have partnered with Amazon Web Services to help these companies launch into their next phase of development. Leaders from each of these organizations will participate in Kauffman FastTrac entrepreneurial training, and receive AWS credits to promote the growth of their cloud-based services. A small group from the cohort will be selected to present at a showcase event held at AWS HQ in Washington, D.C. in September.
More detail on the selected participants is available in the attached information sheet. We would like to congratulate each of the following teams:
- Acadian Analytics (Lafayette, LA) – A cybersecurity peer-to-peer knowledge tool for use in crisis events.
- All The Farms (Eugene, OR) – An online tool for finding local farms and ranches.
- Archethought (Longmont, CO) – Monitors for analyzing real-time sound data to develop smarter sound-based civic services.
- Coaster (Dallas, TX) – A predictive analytics service to help decrease collision risk.
- DeepWalk Research (Champaign, IL) – An app to streamline infrastructure upgrades for greater sidewalk accessibility.
- Enpira (Durham, NC) – Energy management solutions for municipal utilities and local government.
- Helix Health LLC (Kansas City, MO) – Solution to incorporate real-time analytics into healthcare workflows.
- How’s My Driving app (Washington, DC) – An app that facilitates quick and easy reporting of vehicular traffic violations.
- JARGON – Medical Translation Healthcare Companion (Champaign, IL) – An app to help patients navigate healthcare by translating medical information.
- KAL Technology (Reston VA) – A service that protects data in Smart City applications to improve privacy and service performance.
- MVP Studio (Eugene, OR) – Mapping talent to the strengths of local infrastructure to solve civic problems.
- Niche Giving (Jalingo, Taraba State, Nigeria) – An app that connects people in the community and local resources to those in greatest need.
- Noble Smart, LLC (Herdon, VA) – An IoT and AI solution to help with cattle monitoring.
- NOVAM (Dallas, TX) – A lightweight solution to give cities visibility into IoT devices and their data.
- OrgCentral (New York, NY) – A SaaS platform for systems management of city CRM tools, e-commerce, email, facilities, management, and more.
- Particle Space, LLC (Kansas City, MO) – An app that enables cities to have 3D models of their buildings and uses 3D mapping technology to show where critical events occur.
- Ride & Earn (Provo, UT) – A mobile app for public transportation riders that stores a rider’s pass (bus, train, etc.) in the cloud.
- Road Reader (San Diego, CA) – An AI driven roadway analysis and monitoring service to reduce road repair time and cost.
- Saascharge (New York, NY) – A platform that enables cities to build their own electric vehicle charging network with local partners.
About US Ignite
US Ignite, Inc. is a non‐profit organization accelerating the smart city movement by guiding communities into the connected future, creating a path for private sector growth, and advancing technology research that’s at the heart of smart city development. Learn more at www.us-ignite.org.