The integrated system will facilitate communications and information sharing during disaster recovery. It can be deployed in area where communications do not exist or failed due to disasters. The system will include (1) A Deployable Communication System, (2) Onboard Sensors (3) Next Generation Incident Command System and (4) Web Services
1. Design of a deployable aerial base station
2. Integrate onboard sensors on the platform
3. Integrate next generation incident command system
4. Build necessary web services
5. Field testing, performance evaluation, and assessment
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
Meet the requirements set by the National Public Safety Telecommunications Council (NPSTC) for deployable systems in terms of operations.
1. Duration of continuous operation of the deployable system
2. Quality of communication links established by the deployable system
Deployable systems facilitate communications among citizens and first responders during disaster recovery. Incident command system will facilitate sharing of information between the first responder network and decision makers.
Team Information: Kamesh Namuduri, Electrical Engineering, University of North Texas, Denton, TX. Email: [email protected]