• ROSE project is based on the integration and development of advanced ICT tools that can provide the coordinated work of customers, aggregator and Distribution System Operators (DSO).
• ROSE project is the support for DSOs and customers to plan and adapt the energy consumptions to the best situation, usually looking for cheaper costs.
Challenges and Solutions:
• ROSE project is the technical and economic viability of intelligent Smart Microgrid nodes, interconnected with Smart Aggregators for global optimization as an effective way to implement an open, active demand/response system integrated with the Grid.
• The result of ROSE project is a platform integrated with Smart Aggregator and the DSO to send the D/R signals to customers.
• ROSE project is a new paradigm of heterogeneous systems interoperability with Smart Aggregator component based on Real Time Semantic Engine, fed by endogenous data grid and web&social networkl source appropriately distilled
• Innovative ICT technologies
• Testing and development of simulation and optimization models within Energy Management System for monitoring, planning and management of energy systems
• Improvement of economic and environmental sustainability
Performance Targets/ Key Performance Indicators (KPIs):
• Day-ahead production scheduling of dispatchable sources and storage exploiting renewables forecast and optimization techniques
• Real time optimal control of production and storage systems
• Optimal thermal & electrical energy consumptions, minimizing the CO2 emissions, annual operating costs and primary energy use
• Actually the status of the project is at concept level, shared and approved by Municipality and University of Genova then the goal is to obtain the following KPI: overall usage of power generated by renewable sources in the Microgrid (target: 25% increase), reduction of CO2 emission (target: 10% reduction)
• Benchmarking based on historical data and on power plants data; periodical measurements of energy produced and either stored or sent to the grid; estimates of CO2 overall reduction of emissions based on the benchmarks
• The relevant ICT component of ROSE project is Smart Aggregator.
• Smart Aggregator is a data platform with a fully-configurable Semantic Engine to analyze, measure and evaluate Big Data in Real Time
• Smart Aggregator has a complete suite of synchronous and asynchronous API for integration with existing enterprise platforms (e.g., Operational Intelligence, Business Intelligence, etc.).
Replicability, Scalability, and Sustainability:
• The Smart Aggregator is a fully software solution that can be deployed either on-premise or in the cloud. As such is fully replicable. Scalability is ensured by the software architecture itself that is a derivation of a well-established web listening solution of MAPS (WebDistilled) that already handles at more than 4Million events per day. Sustainability is also ensured by the immateriality of the solution that can be replicated with a minimal environmental impact
ROSE project optimize smart grids within three different levels:
a. Data from Microgrid Operational Management
b. Data from Demand/Response Productive building
c. Data from Planning and Forecast
2. Smart Aggregator
3. DSO (Distribution System Operators)
a. Decision requirements
b. Market information
Phase I Pilot/Demonstration June 2016:
• Concept and Solution Architecture Presentation
• Real Time Operational Intelligence with Smart Aggregation Demo
Phase II Deployment June 2017:
• Pilot Project in collaboration with Municipality of Genova - Italy
• Mr. Giuseppe Franceschelli
email: [email protected]